So, I've been thinking; for what do we TRULY use Facebook? Do we use it to get in touch with people to actually see them? Or do we use it as a substitution for seeing them? Why do we even change our profile pictures? We pick the best ones, and we're hoping that our friends will comment about how beautiful, silly, funny, or cool we are. We're always hoping to have a new comment or "like." I've even heard a conversation about wall posts between friends (this conversation is all in fun, so imagine it with a sarcastic, friendly tone):
Michael: Ashley, I need to talk to you about your wall posts!
Ashley: Yes?
Michael: When I comment on your wall, you need to comment back on MINE! Not just comment on the post that's already on your wall. I need to look popular too.
Ashley: Yes?
Michael: When I comment on your wall, you need to comment back on MINE! Not just comment on the post that's already on your wall. I need to look popular too.
It was a funny conversation, and though Michael was joking, some part of him still wants those comments on HIS wall. Facebook is just another place that humans look for acceptance. If this is bad, I'm not sure, but I think I'd rather have days like last night, exploring what's around me and laughing with friends in REAL LIFE than staring at a computer screen.
Firstly, it sounds like you had a ton of fun! Secondly, you make some really good points. Facebook has become a popularity contest in some ways. People are always trying to get more friends and posts on their wall.
ReplyDeleteI'm feeling much better thanks =)And yes the Yankees did win in one of the best games of postseason history! I'm just glad I got to witness the whole thing instead of being distracted with my music like I normally would have been =) Glad you had fun last night and good luck today in your tournament!!!
ReplyDeleteYour adventure sounds great, and your point about what are we REALLY doing with facebook is a good one.
ReplyDeletereal life is better than online life.....always
ReplyDelete