Saturday, October 17, 2009

Distractions

Homework and shopping have taken up most of my weekend, and tomorrow I'll most likely be at Stony Brook all day for a softball tournament. So, I haven't really been tempted to check Facebook at all. Sometimes it's difficult though. If I'm in a friend's room and they're looking at Facebook, I try to look away so I can get the full effect of this project. It's hard not to look at pictures that all your friends are gathering to see! This social network medium is not only unifying through the internet; it can physically bring people closer to watch videos or look at pictures together. It gives people something to talk about, even if it's just harmless gossip.

So far, this hasn't been that hard. Maybe because I know (or hope) I'll have a high number in that little red box in the right hand corner of my screen when I finally log on again. It's kind of like Christmas, trying to keep yourself away from the presents so you'll be happier on Christmas morning. Ahh, 2 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment