Saturday, October 17, 2009
Day 2
This is what I do on the computer when I have no Facebook...
Just kidding, but there is some truth. I find myself not really accessing the computer as much unless it's for homework. But, if I'm really bored, I always have Stumble! on Firefox. (For those who don't know what I'm talking about and are facing computer boredom, try downloading the StumbleUpon button for Firefox. It leads you to the most random and eccentric websites in the world; it's great.)
On another note, I've been noticing Facebook everywhere. I'm physically sick in a million ways right now (softball is taking its toll on my body) and last night, I curled up in my bed to rest and watch Horton Hears a Who. It's such a cute movie, and I was surprised at one scene to see a Whoville secretary talking on the phone about how she had "10,000 friends already!" The movie then cut to her computer screen, and it was a Myspace/Facebook like page. The secretary then said, "Of course that looks like me! Ten years ago!" I had to laugh because a.) I feel as if the world is tempting me in all ways, and b.) it's so true that anyone can be anyone on social networking sites. These so-called "friends" are not friends so much as people you have or will never meet, yet you know so much about them. Kind of creepy, if you think about it.
Also, at breakfast this morning, my friends asked me if I've seen my sister's statuses. My sister is four years younger (a junior in high school) and lives back at home with my parents. All my friends said they were basically reliving their high school years through my sister's Facebook. It's funny that we feel we can do that. I can look at my friends' pages and feel as if I were truly at a party or get-together. Most of the time, it makes me realize how much I miss them, but a small part of me feels satisfied that at least I can see the pictures, to know what was going on.
Anyway, the point of this entry is to say another morning has gone by, and I haven't cracked. I hope everyone else can say the same!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment