Friday, October 16, 2009

Day 1

This morning, I got up for breakfast and, as usual, headed straight for my computer. Unconsciously, my cursor was lead to the Facebook bookmark on my Favorites. It was only then that I realized how Facebook has become a part of my life - and not just mine, but everyone that I know. I wasn't so much upset that I couldn't check it as I was in awe that I mindlessly do so often. What is so important that I have to check for updates so many times throughout the day? Granted, all of my extended family live in another state (where I only get the chance to visit once a year, if that) and sadly, Facebook pictures are the only way I get to witness my cousins growing up. But still, I'm pretty sure my cousins look the same now as they did last night in the pictures I looked at...

So far, I haven't been upset about not using Facebook, but maybe that's because I'm sick and only rolled out of bed to complete this assignment. As the day progresses, we'll see how I do with the lack of social networking!

No comments:

Post a Comment