Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 4

I haven't had the urge to check Facebook, and I don't necessarily miss it; I just want to have something to look at when I'm bored. TV doesn't interest me much, and I just finished the book I've been reading. So, Facebook suffices for a few minutes here and there (okay so maybe more than a few). Tomorrow morning I will be able to check it! And yet, I don't feel as if I need tomorrow morning to come...

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're not feeling that gnawing urge to check your facebook. I'm just itching to get my hands on my iPod. It's killing me but being busy with classes has helped to occupy my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. facebook is SUCH a time sucker. go you for not using it this weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sarah....how insecure you must be to post something like that on my blog....

    Of course giving up the radio is easy for me, its becuase I don't depend on it so much. And poor you for giving up facebook for four days...I think I"ll cry on your behalf tonight.

    The point of this experiement is to show us how much we don't need, or do need, these forms of media. If I find mine easy, its becuase I don't depend on it so much. If staying off facebook is that difficult for you, maybe you should reassess how insecure you are that you need to constantly check it everyday and waste your time on it all the time.

    If anybody else has something to say, I'll be happy to respond tomorrow in class, where you can't hide behind a keyboard.

    JR

    ReplyDelete