So, the experiment is over, and I don't feel too differently. I've come to realize, Facebook has never been a huge part of my life at all; it's just a time-filler. I could probably live without Facebook for the rest of my life and not miss it too much. I've also come to realize how big a presence it has in our society. Everywhere, I've heard talks of Facebook, and though some people like to say it is "sad" or we are "insecure," I don't believe it is so. Parents, teachers, college students, and teenagers alike use Facebook. There's a point to where it can become obsessive, but I'd never call the general usage of Facebook "sad." It's easy to keep in touch with people, and you can view pictures, videos and people's interests with just a click. This is similar to what we talked about in class that mass amounts of people can see something without having to physically be there; I can see my friends' vacation photos without having to flip through the album in their living room, and I can watch my sister pitch in a softball game if I'm not able to attend.
It's safe to say that my life hasn't changed without Facebook. I've gotten the same amount of homework done, studied just as much, and kept in touch with people just as much. I guess it doesn't really effect me as much as I had originally thought.
I apologize for any comments that may have been taken rudely, but I don't like arrogance and generally thought down upon. I feel the need to defend myself and others from being called "insecure." Also, I'm not hiding behind a keyboard, and I'd very much enjoy discussing this in class tomorrow.
As for a song to describe my reflection upon Facebook, I can't really think of any, so I'll leave you with a song that I simply enjoy. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usR7mMHUhlY
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment